Sinus surgeries require a specific set of instruction to prevent an infection of the sinus(es) and/or delay healing.
- Do not drink from straw or smoke for the first 2-3 days. This can cause negative suction within the mouth and can rupture the membrane that lines the sinus, which can complicate and delay healing.
- If you feel the need to sneeze, do not block it, as this can cause extreme pressure within the sinus and can also rupture the membrane and complicate and delay healing.
- Get a nasal decongestant from any drug store and apply in each nostril multiple times a day for the first 48 hours, to ensure continued drainage of the sinuses, should there be any chance of inflammation.
- If sinuses feel inflamed (pressure within sinus), take Ibuprofen 400mg every 4-6 hours until symptoms subside.
- If there is pain within the sinus please inform us right away.