“There’s an app for that.” Apple’s popular catchphrase, which first aired on an iPhone commercial in 2009, couldn’t be truer. With each passing day, more and more smartphone apps are hitting the market covering a dizzying array of topics. Our Kelowna dental centre experts would like to highlight several that’ll help brighten your smile.
It might be difficult to imagine, but there are actually quite a few educational apps out there offering oral hygiene tips and other information our clients are sure to find useful. Here are some of our favourites:
1. Brush DJ (Apple, Android)—Your Kelowna dental centre recommends brushing twice a day for a full two minutes, which can feel like an arduously long time. Brush DJ helps you pass the time by playing a randomly selected song from your playlist, entertaining you while you brush.
This app also allows you to set reminders so you don’t forget to brush or floss. You can even give yourself a heads-up when it’s time to book an appointment to see your dentist (even though they’re likely to remind you as well).
2. iBracesHelp (Apple)—Wearing braces can be an uncomfortable experience for some people, especially youth. iBracesHelp provides help to people who wear braces with tips for:
- Cleaning your teeth
- Troubleshooting problems
- What foods to eat (and avoid)
3. Dental Expert (Apple)—Not everyone wants to know what goes on behind the scenes in an Okanagan dental office, but for those who have a thirst for knowledge, the Dental Expert app is just the thing. This informative program helps clients understand dentistry procedures, and offers other tips such as:
- What to do in a dental emergency
- How to prevent bad breath
- How to properly care for your child’s teeth
4. Dental Phobia (Apple)—It’s not uncommon for people to have anxiety when they visit the dentist. This app subscribes to the philosophy that knowledge is power by helping clients understand their options for an upcoming appointment.
Dental Phobia also helps users understand the nature of their anxiety, and provides coping strategies to help put them at ease.
5. Whitening Simulator (Apple, Android)—Ever wonder what you’d look like with a whiter, brighter smile? The Whitening Simulator app does exactly that by taking a photo from your smartphone library and digitally altering your teeth colour. By comparing the before-and-after photos, you’ll get a better idea of just how different your smile would look were you to undergo cosmetic whitening.
6. KidsDental (Apple)—This animated app helps parents broach the subject of oral hygiene with their children in an entertaining way. It covers issues such as:
- Early tooth loss
- Abscessed teeth
- Gum disease
Whether you’re visiting us for cosmetic or general dentistry, we provide a comfortable experience with results that will last. Contact us to book an appointment today!
No comments yet
The comments are closed.