If you’ve been mapping the wrinkles on your face—those frown lines there and the crow’s feet here—you’re probably thinking, I wish I looked younger.
You’re not alone.
Every week, thousands of women get one of the most popular wrinkle treatments available: Botox. Many others don’t even know that we offer botox at our dental clinic in Kelowna!
Soon after botox officially arrived on the North American cosmetics scene with FDA approval in 2002, a Time Magazine article hailed Botox “the biggest thing since nose jobs.”
Today, Botox isn’t just for Hollywood actors and middle-aged women. Twenty-somethings are signing up for preventative Botox, and more and more men are opting for the wrinkle treatment catchingly called “bro-tox.”
Botox is as popular as ever. And now it’s even more readily available: spas and dental clinics are offering clients the same easy and impressive Botox treatments.
Whether you want to have a doctor or a dentist inject your Botox, here are some things to think about:
- It tightens your skin. Botox works by latching onto the proteins that trigger muscle contractions. Still muscles means smooth skin.
- It’s fast. Botox injections can take just a few minutes, far less time than a manicure. That means you can have a complete treatment over lunch and still have time for soup. It takes about 10 days for to achieve the full effects of Botox.
- It feels fine. A quick needle prick is all your face will feel.
- It’s easy. Unlike a surgery, there’s no downtime with Botox. The dentist injects the Botox and in less then an hour there are virtually no negative signs of the procedure! feel.
- It can be a pricey investment. Treatments range from $200 to $500 per injection or area. Most Botox users, however, feel their newer, smoother skin is worth the investment and keep coming back for more.
- It’s temporary. Botox treatments last several months—usually around 3-4. If you love the results, and it’s likely that you will, you’ll probably want to maintain your look with regular treatments.
- There is a (slim) chance of a reaction or loss of facial expressions. Since Botox is a common procedure, most dentists and doctors, even in Kelowna, are skilled at injecting Botox. But there’s always the chance of a slip (worst case scenario: you can’t raise your eyelids for a few days), of an allergic reaction (very rare), or of a slight loss of facial expression (caused by excessive use over time and/or going after the wrong wrinkles). Your dentist or doctor’s goal is for you to leave with a wrinkle-free face, not a frozen face, and usually that’s what you’ll get—a brighter, younger-looking you.
Whether you’re visiting us for cosmetic or general dentistry, we provide a comfortable experience with results that will last. Contact us to book an appointment today!
No comments yet
The comments are closed.