Rushing to work in the morning then dashing home from work at the end of the day to get dinner on the table all while trying to balance the kid’s school schedule, sports games, and gymnastics practices is a typical routine for most people. Life can get pretty hectic, but our Kelowna dentists recommend trying to squeeze in these eight tips for a healthy, radiant smile.
1. Drink plenty of water – Drinking lots of water keeps your mouth moist and prevents bad breath. Drinking water frequently will also help keep food from hanging out in your mouth between brushings.
2. Floss – Gently flossing with a proper technique at least once a day will help keep your teeth and gums healthy.
3. Use the right toothbrush – Kelowna dentists recommend using a Sonicare electric toothbrush. Employing the proper toobrushing technique is also important in the quest for a healthy smile.
4. Out with the old – Contrary to old wives’ tales, you don’t need to throw your toothbrush out after battling a flu or cold. However, the bristles on your toothbrush will begin to wear out around the three-month mark, and that’s about the time you should replace your toothbrush anyway.
5. Tongues and cheeks need some love too – Brushing your teeth has become such a habit that you may be forgetting to brush your tongue and the inside of your cheeks. Cleaning your entire mouth with your brush is important in banishing bad breath and keeping yourself healthy orally.
6. Gentle brushing is better – Pushing too hard when brushing can have some negative side effects on your oral health. Instead, use gentle brushing techniques and brush at least twice a day.
7. Set a timer – Two minutes twice a day is all it should take to keep your teeth looking their best. Spending more time than that on your teeth can actually scrub away the enamel that protect your teeth.
8. Stop in and see your dentist regularly – Visiting your Kelowna dental clinic twice a year for cleanings and a check up is really important when achieving better oral hygiene habits. It’s also the best preventative measure you can take, and will help keep you smiling confidently.
Whether you’re visiting us for cosmetic or general dentistry, we provide a comfortable experience with results that will last. Contact us to book an appointment today!
No comments yet
The comments are closed.